If you live in the UAE and you spend any time on Instagram at all, Briar Prestidge has shown up in your feed at some point.
She’s a PR strategist who’s been successful in joining both old-school (traditional media) and new-school (digital media) techniques for her clients and for herself.
What impressed me most is that she walks the talk. All marketers should, this is a given. But some of us tend to neglect our own marketing because we’re so busy serving our clients.
I sat down with Briar to discover what’s new in PR, and to find out whether or not traditional PR is dead.
Her answer may surprise you.
Time-Stamped Show Notes
- [00:38] Briar’s favorite superhero.
- [01:22] A zig-zag journey from a farm in New Zealand to Manhattan, to London, to Dubai.
- [01:50] How Briar fell into digital marketing by accident.
- [05:51] The seismic shift in PR – how it was done back then and how it’s done today.
- [06:15] Is it still important to have a relationship with the Press and traditional media?
- [08:55] Credibility + Distribution = PR Success
- [10:12] If a business wants to hire a PR firm in 2019, what should they look for?
- [14:12] How can you measure ROI, the effectiveness of your PR efforrts?
- [16:30] At what stage of business should you include PR in your marketing mix? And what do you do if you can’t afford a PR agency?
- [17:20] Here’s why building your brand is super easy in Dubai. You can even do it for free!
- [17:50] What’s the true value of hiring a PR strategist for your business?
- [19:40] How university students can prepare for a career in PR (what you’re taught at uni isn’t enough.)
- [21:20] Briar’s TOP 3 branding and PR tips for CEOs and business owners in the UAE.